Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Meg's Birthday Cake

megs cake

I thought I'd share with you the cake I made for my sister for her birthday this past weekend. I love how the green turned out and I think I got pretty close to her favorite color. I will have to say though, I definitely need to invest in a extruder gun if I'm going to be doing anything like this again! The flowers seemed to take forever hand rolling the fondant ropes. I think it was worth it in the end though.

On a side note, I just wanted to let you know that I just worded yesterdays post wrong. I'm not quitting the Tuesday Toppers, it was just the final topper in my series of cupcake, cake slice, and cake cupcake toppers. Around Christmas I am going to take a short break though, mainly because it's so hectic around here during that time. But I'm not leaving you!

See you next week :D

11 comments:

  1. How cool is that?! You are very talented and your projects are always an inspiration! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cake looks really awesome! Really well-made. :D

    Most of us thought you're gonna quit making toppers. Whew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the petals on the cake - you should definitely get an extruder though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors! What a labor of love:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ~~~~~~ WAT MOOI!~~~~~~

    WE USE TO SAY THAT HERE IN THE NETHERLANDS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cake - and glad that the cupcake toppers continue!!! :-)
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love, love, love green cakes! Your green is so fresh and the rolled flowers remind me to a german sweet called "liquorice snakes" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful colors! I cannot believe you handrolled the ropes - you have to get a sugarpaste gun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought the flowers were just ordinary fondant flatted out and shaped. Now I can see what you meant by fondant ropes! This is amazing. Can you decorate the cake for my birthday, please? LOL!

    ReplyDelete