home about recipes how-to bookstore contact

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Weekends in the Kitchen: Lemon Meringue Cupcakes


I've been in the kitchen testing out recipes for lemon cupcakes recently and think I have come up with a winner. All I can say is mmmmmmmmm these are yummy. They are a lemon cupcake with homemade lemon curd filling and a fluffy meringue style icing. It's like eating a lemon meringue pie without the crust.

Lemon Curd Recipe

Fluffy Meringue Frosting Recipe
The only alteration I made on this one was I only added about 1/4 tsp of vanilla because I didn't want too strong of a vanilla taste.

Now for the cupcakes themselves, this is the recipe i've been working on and it is still a work in progress. so if you'd like to take a stab at it and send me your feedback all comments are welcome!

Lovely Lemon Cupcakes

1/2 cup (1 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 cups sugar
zest of 2 lemons
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 1/3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

Combine lemon juice and milk and set aside. Cream together butter and sugar until butter turns lighter in color, approx. 4 minutes. Add in lemon zest, sour cream, and eggs and mix until combined. Scrape down bowl. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add 1/3 of the dry ingredients and mix until combined, then a 1/3 of the milk/lemon mixture and mix until combined. Continue to add a third of the dry and 1/3 of the wet until everything is incorporated.

Spoon into approx. 16 cupcake liners. Bake at 325F for 18-22 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

5 comments:

  1. These look sooooooooooooooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lemon Meringue Pie is my fav, so I can't wait to try these cupcakes! Yum! They look so delicious, thanks for sharing! -e

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness!!!! I made these and they were awesome!!! Ok, I didn't make the lemon curd, bought that, but it was awesome!!!!! Did I say that already? LOL I can't say enough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very yummy Julie, but how do you add the lemon curd filling? Just wondering.. Congrats on your awesome blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gambar di atas adalah sebagai contoh jika sistem S128Poker sedang maintenance atau dalam perbaikan. Dan biasanya jika kamu berada dalam permainan sebelum poker maintenance, akan ada pemberitahuan atau info berjalan beberapa menit lagi akan maintenance (Baca Selengkapnya...)

    ReplyDelete