First off I just wanted to say thank you to all of you for keeping us in your thoughts. We were both very glad that he ended up not having to have surgery! Apparently the surgeon looked at his ct scan and did see what he thought was appendicitis, but since his pain had stopped, his white count was normal the second time, and there was no fever in the morning he just had him stay in the hospital for observation finally letting him go yesterday evening!
Now onto the fun part! Just in time for Mother's Day (well in the US anyway sorry overseas readers i'll get you next year, hehe) I made up some cupcakes with some of my personal favorite things. I love to garden and I love roses, so i thought it would be neat to combine the two, and what a great way to include my small ribbon roses since i've gotten quite a few requests for a tutorial on them! So here's what you'll need to make them:
-Pink, light, and dark green fondant
- Take ball of pink fondant and divide into three strips.
- Roll each strip into a log.
- Flatten each strip out pretty thinly.
- Fold over.
- Take one end and fold down to form center.
- Now start rolling.
- Keep rolling until you get the size you want.
- Bring end down.
- Cut off bottom.
- You can pull edges out a little with your finger if you need.
- For leaves. take the two greens and cut each color into two pieces, roll into a ball, and flatten with fondant smoother.
- Pinch both ends with thumb and index finger to make a leaf shape.
- Using leaf veiner, add leaf details.
Have a great day everyone!